TIPS FOR WALKING FASTER WITH THE JEPPE ATHLETIC CLUB
1. Use good posture. Walk tall, look forward (not at the ground), gazing about 20 feet ahead. Your chin should be level and your head up.
2. Keep your chest raised, and shoulders relaxed – shoulders down, back and relaxed.
3. Bend your arms in slightly less than a 90 degree angle. Cup your hands gently. Swing arms front to back. Do not swing side to side – arms should not cross your body. Do not swing elbows higher than your sternum (breast bone). Swing your arms faster and your feet will follow.
4. Tighten your abs and buttocks. Flatten your back and tilt your pelvis slightly forward.
5. Pretend you are walking along a straight line. Resist the urge to elongate your steps. To go faster — take smaller, faster steps.
6. Push off with your toes. Concentrate on landing on your heel, rolling through the step and pushing off with your toes. Use the natural spring of your calf muscles to propel you forward.
7. Breathe naturally. As you walk, take deep, rhythmic breaths, to get the maximum amount of oxygen through your system. Walk fast enough that your breathing is increased yet you are not out of breath.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR WALKING SECTION
CONTACT: DEBBIE MARCISZ firstname.lastname@example.org
CALL: 082-8785 692